Are the Von Schweikert VR-4JRs really all that?

I've had the opportunity to listen to the VR4jrs a few times, and I've come away thinking they are just too good to be true, how will they sound in my room/system, can I do better, maybe I should listen again in a different enviroment (I heard them in three different enviroments already..... all very impressive).
So I'm thinking to myself, this is it, I'll pick up a pair of the Dark Red Cherry (my favorite finish) and live happily ever after.
But then a voice whispers..... keep looking, keep listening, maybe you'll find something you like better.

So, what do you guys think of the VR4JRs?
Are they all that?

Regards,
geoh
geoh
True about the Chinese stuff, it's everywhere.
I've decided to go with the VR-4JRs, this time for sure. I'd ordered these a while back but cancelled thinking I hadn't looked enough (that little annoying voice again).
It appears there's a consensus among current VR4jr owners:
1 - bi-wire
2 - 50lbs of lead shot
3 - Spike them!
Any other advise?
Distance from front wall
Toe-in
etc.... etc....
Dodgealum, I've actually heard the Harbeth Super HL 5, a couple years back. Yes they sounded excellent, better than the VR-4jrs, not to my ears. Besides I'd never get the wife to let them into "her" house (just too boxy looking).
I have not heard the Von Schweikert VR-4JRs but i heard the Von Schweikert VR-4 SEIII in a reviewers basememt and ended up OHM walsh. It was an easy choice for me anyway.
I've had the Jrs for about 8 months now. I've tried them in many configurations and in two different rooms. It has been a long time comming, but I can finally say I think they sound pretty great. It was not until I got my upstream gear right that they sounded good.

Personally I think they need some power to come alive. The 400 watt Parasound Halos seem to not be overkill in any way. It was when I added the Ayre K1x preamp that things changed dramatically. I think this just happens to be a great match on the Jrs.

If the DK is known to be great with the JRs then I'd go for it, if not, I'd say there is a very good chance it might not thrill you. I've hear mine with a lot of different combinations and most of them sucked.

They are also a serious pain to break in, so don't be surprised if you don't like them at all for 400 or so hours.

One of the best things about these speakers to me is that they sound great off axis. You don't have to have your head perfectly fixed in the center to hear them sound super. Everyone can sit on the couch and hear good sound.
The Shanling 200C direct into the Halo JC-1 is a great match for the 4JRs. The problem with the Halos though is that they're big and they run hot. Broke the deal for me in my smallish room, so out the Halos went, but that didn't mean that life in the sauna wasn't audio heaven.