Storing my Speakers

Searched the forums but my case is a bit different.

I moved and for at least a year I need to store my speakers in the attic, it's winter here now and the temprature in the attic may drop to 0°C (32°F) on cold nights and in summer it can be a real sauna but the heat is dry, not humid.

Will the temperature changes damage the drivers ?

Which is the best inexpensive way to wrap them for storage under those conditions ?

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo
foxtrot
Difficult question. Someone may suggest to wrap them in plastic but I am not sure that it would be safer: the little humidity contained internally and in wood panels could warp the surface of speakers in the long period. So, assuming that the speakers will not be exposed to rain, I would wrap them with multiple layers of paper and cloth, then I would crate them. luca.
I don't know about the drivers but it will not do the wood cabinets any good. IMHO you will ruin them. Especially the hot summer heat. Temps in the attic could be 200+ F degrees. Has to be another place to store the JBL's. How about a bedroom closet. Face fronts toward wall and cover with a blanket. Where are you going to store the rest of your gear.
Thanks for the replies.
I had forgotten I have a small storage room that is in the parking level in my building. I guess that in winter the temperature will not drop below 32F but may be a little humid and in summer it will not be too hot.
Under these new circumstances what do you propose ?

I'm bringing part of my gear to the apartment and the rest will either be sold or stored till I build my dream house somewhere in the next years.