How would you desribe Von Schweiket VR-4jr sound?

Or for that matter the Von Schweikert sound in general, particularly their newer models?
What would you, Von Schweikert owners/previous owners, auditioners, consider their strengths.... weaknesses?

thx

geoh
geoh
If, by the number of positive reviews about this speaker, the conclusion here is that the VR-4jr's are pretenders, one could postulate that the reviews of them are also. I for one don't believe that equipment reviews are political but the reviewer is linked to the reviewed component.
I've had mine since late October, and think I've finally gotten past the breakin period, as they have changed greatly for the better in the last mont. Either that or the wine is affecting my ears more than I imagine!
They have impressed me more every day with the fine music they reproduce...and I now just enjoy the music and forget about nitpicking the speakers. They aren't perfect, but they help me relax at the end of a long day slinging burgers and that was the whole point of getting them. I'm curious what affect bi-wiring might have , and am even considering bi-amping, just out of curiosity, but all in al they make great music.
We all listen too much to the equipment sometimes,and forget to enjoy the music and ignore the imperfections that all of this gear has, and I think it affects our pleasure that the artists give us. Hell, buy a used, well broken in pair and give em a whirl. If you don't like em, sell them, and look at the small cost as a great in-home demo!
If they really sound like shit to ya, sell them to someone you don't like!!...))
Really, they are a fine speaker...to my ears...not perfect, but what one is?
I think you'll be impress by them, tho
Take care
Brrgrr
well said! I am not a big Von Schweikert fan but I may try your suggestion in the future.

Enjoy
Brrgr, I agree with you completely about enjoying the music and not get caught up with the equipment. Bravo, very well said!
Well that's what you get in a public forum as apposed to professional reviews. The professional reviews are all positive among different camps, not just one or two magazines that are connected to VS. So, I would put more weight on that than a public forum where anyone can chime in.

The negatives that people have mentioned (aside from the typical "they suck" type comments which most people don't give credibility to) were very small compared to all of the positives about the speakers. It comes down to taste. These speakers are "giant killers", but not everyone’s taste. They are my taste, but some people such as Dracule1 who is very sensitive to high frequencies may not enjoy the solid high frequency extension on them and should look elsewhere. But all and all I enjoy the music when I listen, and that’s why you should audition if at all possible along with other speakers in your price range before making a decision.

Rob