Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Have any of you guys heard the parasound cd1. I had it for a while. It was the best cd playback I ever heard.
Hi Guidocorona, That is exactly where I seen this Yamaha ad,In the music direct, and the intergrated amp on the same ad pages is special too at $6,995.00, only 90 watts per channel, I say why not Yamaha get into our maket nitch?, my exsperience with Yamaha back in the 80's was a R-100 reciever that I use to own that was incredible with vinyl play back, it had mm and mc phono pre-amp built inside, and I am telling all of you, I know sound, to this day, that was the best reciever I have ever heard in my life time, for what it was, there was no better!
Hi Steve Nugent, It is an Honor to speak to you as always, Yes, I am serious, Yamaha is playing ball in the field of High-end audio now, check out this ad in music direct or the Yamaha web page, the Yamaha cd-s3000 sacd player/dac is built very good, I was impressed for this to be yamaha!