TAD CR-1 ?

Please tell me your opinion if you've heard them. Have you owned them and moved on? Do you have them now? What amp/preamp are you using? What speaker are you considering to replace them?
128x128joeinid
David,

You are welcome. Let us know what you decide, or if you have any other questions.
Joe, thanks for the anecdote. It's nice to know what regular listeners have to say as opposed to only reading "the reviews." I have been told that the Magico's work best with big, overbuilt solid state amps. Based upon what you're saying tubes might exacerbate the color. I'm a Thiel CS3.7 man and I might not be able to be satisfied with a speaker with such a distinct signature. That's why the TAD's sound attractive to me.
I don't have enough experience with the Magico Q series, just the Q3 that one time. I am interested in hearing the S1/S5 for fun. For my taste, I need tubes and/or warm solid state on my TADs. That's my personal preference only. I believe all the speakers you or I have mentioned have a distinctive sound that you really need to hear to be satisfied you've picked the right one. It has taken me a long time to appreciate what I have. Everything is a bit of a compromise and you have to pick your favorite traits that satisfy you.