TAD CR-1 ?

Please tell me your opinion if you've heard them. Have you owned them and moved on? Do you have them now? What amp/preamp are you using? What speaker are you considering to replace them?
128x128joeinid
I don't have enough experience with the Magico Q series, just the Q3 that one time. I am interested in hearing the S1/S5 for fun. For my taste, I need tubes and/or warm solid state on my TADs. That's my personal preference only. I believe all the speakers you or I have mentioned have a distinctive sound that you really need to hear to be satisfied you've picked the right one. It has taken me a long time to appreciate what I have. Everything is a bit of a compromise and you have to pick your favorite traits that satisfy you.
Hi George,

I have, briefly and was very impressed. They are unlike any other speakers I've heard but I need a longer session to understand what I am hearing. The music just seems to hang in front of you.
Joe, I can only pull my speakers about a foot and a half from the front wall -- I'm assuming that since the TADs are front ported, that wouldn't be a problem?