regarging components that have a 20a AC IEC

I just bought a pair of monoblock amps that are fitted with 20 amp IEC's. I can't stand stock power cords so will need to replace these ASAP. I have some very high-end DIY power cords that will do very nicely but they have the 15Amp Oyaide 046 plugs. A pair of the 20Amp Oyaide 246 will set me back about $250 and I'd really prefer to not spend the extra bucks. Any thoughts on pulling out the 20Amp IEC's and installing regular 15Amp IEC's? Thanks.
lcherepkai
Do it the right way. Install a dedicated 20amp circuit and use a proper 20amp IEC power cord. Anything else will compromise the performance of your amps. Don’t forget that you new amps are designed to draw up to 20amps of current, therefore, if you modify them with a 15amp IEC inlet, they will still attempt to draw 20amps from your 15amp wall socket and flip the breaker.
The chances of tripping a 15 amp breaker are very slim. I say use it as-is and worry about making a change over if you really encounter issues...

-RW-
IF it is a 20 amp IEC on both ends you will have to change the wiring, breaker and outlet. The 20 amp draw on a 15 amp circuit is not safe and could start a fire. If it is 20 amp on the equipment side but only a 15 Amp on the wall side like my AR Ref3 then changing out the equipment side will not matter as the equipment is really designed to draw only 15 amp and it would be against NEC to draw 20 amps from a 15 amp cord as the wall side is what matters to NEC. Some manufactures like the 20 connector better as it fits snugger.