Solid State to replace Audio Research REF110?

Hello,

My power amp REF110 blew resistors and damage PCB (it is the second time), in the pass my VT100 MKIII also damage the PCB had to replace it.
I like REF110 sound but I think I should move to a more reliable solid state power amp.

Which power amplifier do you recommend to substitute Audio Research REF110 without have to regret every day?

Many thanks for the advice.
jglpubli
I am a loyal ARC tube gear owner. This includes 4 and a half pre/linestages and 3 amps. Other than an occasional blown bias resister, never experienced the kind of problems described above. Admittedly, I always paired an ARC pre/linestage with the ARC amps I owned, but I don't recall reading the alert mentioned above about pairing an ARC pre/linestage with an ARC amp. I'll check the manual. If I see it, I'll report back.
Onhwy61: The manual for my VT-100 III said that using an aftermarket power cord would void the warranty.
Not sure if this is still ARC policy.
There are lots of great reliable tube amps out there. In the past 10 or so years I've had Berning, Atma=sphere, Lectron, RAM, Joule and VAC. I've never had a catastrophic failure. One time, one of the big Russian MIG tubes "ran away" on my Joule which was scary but after shutting it down and replacing the output tube, the amp was unscathed. I must say that some of the ARC amp layouts I've seen w the tubes installed horizontally, and stacked one over the other, seem to me to be "asking" for problems w heat-related failures. As far as a manufacturer that says their amps are not warrantied unless you use their pre-amp, I say fuggedabowdit. I say-let 'em sell integrateds.
I have wondered why reviewers don't comment more often about reliability problems with ARC amps. My guess is that they don't have the amps long enough to experience the melt down problems with output tubes that are past their prime.

And I want to emphasize that (1) the problem is not that ARC amps break down so frequently, it's that when they do occur the breakdowns cause damage that the average user can't fix, and (2) the ARC reliability issues are only with power amps--I have never heard of any problems with their preamps.