Solid State to replace Audio Research REF110?

Hello,

My power amp REF110 blew resistors and damage PCB (it is the second time), in the pass my VT100 MKIII also damage the PCB had to replace it.
I like REF110 sound but I think I should move to a more reliable solid state power amp.

Which power amplifier do you recommend to substitute Audio Research REF110 without have to regret every day?

Many thanks for the advice.
jglpubli
I found the bigger BAT solid state amps to compete very favorably with the ARC gear. Balanced Audio and VTL have an auto bias system that goes a long way toward solving the burnt resistor problem. BAT has a fuse less system now that will open before the tube blows which makes the blown tube, arc, burnt resistor scenario a thing of the past. I could not hear any audible degradation of sound when that update was performed. I feel a company that fails to address a persistent problem doesn't deserve my business. Just my opinion.
Joman, why do you say it is a persistent problem? It is not. If it were, they would fuse it and not have the issue. Can you imagine the issues they would have with the ref610 and 750's if these were recurring problems?
This is the problem with the internet...
Dbarger, for $40,000 those amps (ref 610- 750's) ought to have a
clapper! As we all know audio companies seldom if ever will post failure rates or repair statistics. My point is for the kind of money one pays for the
Ref 110 - 175 or for any tube amp that exceeds 4 figures,with the technology we have today what is the problem with an auto-bias? There are ways to deal with the signal degradation and burnt resistors.Look at the cost of the Prologe gear, have you seen a thread that mentions a resistor frying the pcb? Why does one have to spend $40,000 to get that kind of protection.

As for the internet, we all search these threads to make decisions concerning purchases and gear. Until we start seeing published repair rates I suppose we will continue to defend and discuss or disparage protection issues or lack thereof. Happy New Year to all.
There is a reason for everything---almost. I am sure that ARC engineers know how to insert a fuse for protection of the circuit instead of a resistor. Would save lots of customer inquiries, returned amps in the tube warranty period and customer cost of repairs, the profit for which probably goes mostly to their authorized service people.
Many of us would prefer the ease of a fuse in the circuit, but not if it degrades the sound. Hopefully, the ARC guys find a way someday---but for now, I'll take ARC's word for it.
Gary (Hifigeek) --where r u?
As has been pointed out, fuse protection isn't synonymous with sound degradation (this is a faulty premise). There are excellent sounding tube amplifiers that use fuse protection and don't destroy resistors in the process.