Are Rodgers ls3/5a as good as advertise? & Why

I have a pair (#SO2838A & SO2838B)That i bought from a thrift store years ago, Would like to know the value of the ones that i have & The terms "White Belly","Gold Label" Looking for more insight on the Ls3/5a following, Please Post information regarding these speakers, ...Thanks
booboo3131
Fun little speaker! Tube amps only- its 16 ohms. 35 watts is all they handle. But that is all they need too, as you are only supposed to be a few feet from them. Limited bandwidth obviously, but what they do they do well.
Stang500hpaol,

You make a good point, but its so much fun to digress and the question did also ask "as good" and "why".

I would have guessed around $1500 for a 15 Ohm pair but hesitated to appraise given the emotional and cultish aspect to the valuation.

I see cult favorite Audio Research SP11's being offered for $3500-4K cult value but not necessarily selling at that price or mine would be long gone.
Years ago I was deciding between Spica TC-50 or LS3/5A. Stereophile rated the Spicas a bit higher and they were very closely priced. I also preferred the Spicas. Today the Spicas are selling used for $300 tops, so that's where I also value the used LS3/5A.
$300 tops,are you kidding? Take a look at Ebay and you will see a few pairs for sale! There are bids over $1800 and one has an asking price of $6000. Spicas are not in the same class! Remember we are talking about a cult item!
From what I see, It is a very long cult following, But what I don't seem to understand is that the serial # play a big part in the cost as well (The older, The more expensive) Or what I should say Lower to Higher...Hmmm