Service from Audio Research

I recently brought a pair of ARC Reference 250 from a authorized dealer in Hong Kong. After one week, I noticed one of the mono blocks has problem turning on once it was switched off. It took at least a few hours, sometimes overnight before it can be turn on again.

The amp has been returned to the dealer for more one week and they have no idea what goes wrong. I tried to email to service@audioresearch.com asking for help. They don't even bother to reply. This is very disappointing and bad after sale service.

I wonder if any member has similar experience with ARC?
tli
I finally got an initial response from the service department of the Hong Kong distributor. They said they have tested the amp in their workshop for a few days, switching it on and off several times a day but failed to detect any abnormality.

Apparently this "cannot turn on again" problem does not happen all the time. I have actually taken a video of the problem last time when it happened in my home and sent it to them. So it is now stuck. I shall give them a few more days and demand a replacement or a refund.
I have upload a video on youtube showing the problem. Members are welcomed to have a look and share your comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKPCbXbI5Hs&feature=youtu.be

Title on youtube: Audio Research Reference 250 cannot be turned on again
Tli,

I noitced in your video that the power light inidcator remains on even though the meter lamp turns off. Is the amp actually powered down with the power light indicator still on?

I have ARC ref 250's and I would really want a fix or refund as well. At least the amps are warranteed for 3 years and only if a few weeks old, I'm sure if you take the amp back and it never happens again, then great! But if it does, then a replacement would be very appropriate.

I hope things get worked out for you. I'm sure it is frustrating. But the ARC Ref 250's are phenomenal amps that I hope you get to enjoy!
When I try to turn on the amp after it is switched off, both the power light and meter light are on. After one second, the meter light is off and nothing happens. The amp is dead, all the tubes are not litted and of course no music from it.

When I press the power switch again, the power light is off. It will cycle on and off like that for hours before it can finally be on normally. I like the sound from it but it is very frustrating.
Tli, I would reach out to Kal or Chris at ARC first thing Monday morning (Minn. time). I'm not going to stick my nose into the dealer aspect of the problem. But it seems to me that if ARC thinks there's a dealer angle to solving your issue, then I am confident ARC will sort it out.

I still suspect that there's a simple fix and that one of the ARC guys will make it right. Having said all of that, I share your annoyance that $26,000 of gear shouldn't be doing this.

Good luck and please keep us posted.