Upgrade-itus: Classé DR-9 vs. MF A3.2?

Hello Audiogon and your infinite wisdom.
I have the option to buy a Classé DR-9 to replace my MF A3.2 integrated. The MF IS 185w @ 4 ohms the Classé 200w @ 4 ohms. I'm driving Dynaudio Contour S1.4 monitors.

Thoughts? I'm sure both are good, what will the sound differences be? Dynamics, hi, lo, sound stage, warmth?

For the short term the A3.2 will be pre-amp.
Thanks!
Andy
128x128ucrazykid
Just now I'm wiping a tear away recalling the one that got away. I'm thinking about that beautiful blond from my youth, more I'm reminiscing about selling my old DR-9. I have not heard the MF A3.2 integrated but I have never heard any integrated that had the tone, texture and transparency of DR-9 of course with the caveat of having a first class preamp in front of it. My only concern regarding a twenty plus year old solid state amp would be servicing and the aging parts inside that might not be available . If David Reich was still designing an amplifier today, I would be in line to buy one. Come to think about it, anyone know where he is today?
The DR 9 is very old and will need servicing just to assure it is up to spec. I owned the amp and it is fine, but dark and not as good as other SS amps that are newer. CJ MF2300a is a better choice if you can find one. Electrocompaniet also makes better sounding amps.

I would not buy the DR9 unless you are handy with electronics or are willing to send to a tech first for a complete go through. Power supply caps will need to be replaced as well as other work.
The DR 9 in a heartbeat. Have used valves for many years now, but owned a pair of DR9s (with Apogee Mini Grands) for many years and I wish I still had them. They are great amps, even by today's standards , although a quick checkup would be wise as others have recommended.
07-26-14: 5560
If David Reich was still designing an amplifier today, I would be in line to buy one. Come to think about it, anyone know where he is today?
He is the chief engineer at Theta Digital, for which he has worked for the past 16 years.

Regards,
-- Al
The amp underwent a tune (new caps) and firmware upgrade (bais adjustment?) 5 years ago, according to current owner.