Your most disappointing purchase or audition?

I've had a few.

bought a Naim Nait 3. Loved it in the store. Returned it within a week- way forward at home

Brought home some CJ preamp to audition perhaps 22 years ago. Noisy as anything and a turn off transient destroyed a tweeter (though years later i bought a CJ 17LS2 which I thought was the finest preamp I ever heard in my home)

Auditioned a VPI table (HW19) in a store- the store just could not get the belt to stay on. Bought a Rega instead. This was in perhaps 1990.

Fortunately, I never really experienced buyers remorse say 6 months or more after settling on a piece of gear.

Finally, there have been too many speakers that got stellar write ups which I just didn't care for.
128x128zavato
Melbguy1, To further contrast you and Brownsfan, I doubt that he'll go off and complain to this site's moderators. If he chooses to, he'll respond to your comments regarding him in a mature and appropriate fashion. By the way, why the assumption(based on your reply above) that your system is superior to his? Have you listened to his system?
Charles,
Charles, thanks for the character reference. Funny, I thought running a blacklist, then promoting that fact was incredibly rude and arrogant. Different points of view my friend. Btw, I find your description of my comments as "pugnacious" ironic. Why don't you take a good look in the mirror once in a while.

To your comment accusing me of comparing my system to Brownsfan, you either completely misread my comment or are trolling here. Your literal translation and dissection of my comments displays impressive erudition, but you get a fail on context. I'll leave you to your power plays, they bore me to be honest.
Man has this thread taken a wrong turn!! Everybody step back and take a breath........relax.
Hi John,
Could you look t my system and based on its make up and then determine my financial stability or level of discretionary income? Would you say that I could reach similar conclusions judging your system?

One could have an expensive system and be in significant debt as a result.
One could have a less expensive system that represents a small fraction of what they're capable of spending but simply chose not to.

John, could we accurately make this determination of people we don't even know? For sake of debate if we "could" do this, what business is it of ours?
Does a more costly system imply it's always better sounding? Was it necessary for Melb1guy to even go there concerning Brownsfan?
Regardings,
Charles,
Chareles1dad,Your subject would hit a home run for a thread!, never seen that topic before, and it makes alot of since, what does not make since is to why you would say anything about melbguy1?, who cares what he may say that you do not like, as a member since 2012, I have had to learn the very hard way not to coment on everything, I bite my tongue, I have been through alot as a member of audiogon, I always have liked you, and enjoy your post, to keep your self out of trouble with audiogon, it's likly best to not frustrate people on these threads, I am the worst one to do so all the time, guess what, I was moderated for a year!, I know you do not want that do you?