Krell New Pre-amps?

Hi, has any one auditioned or own any of the new Krell pre-amps?, if so, How does the best from krell stack up against The krell KRC-HR and KCT, and anything else Krell has ever made for pre-amps?, also, what is the favorite Krell pre-amp of all time?, Thankyou to all, I thought this may be an interesting subject for everyone to chime in on, cheers.
128x128audiolabyrinth
Matjet, when was your evo 707 made?, is that a home theatre proccesor that is a pre-amp as well for two channel?, what was the sound that you did not like with the krell kct?, cheers.
all can chime in on this subject here, I know there is many that have had exsperience with krell pre-amps, new or old pre-amps, I look forward to your impressions, Thankyou.
Audiolabyrinth,
I was not unhappy with the Krell KCT, thought it was a very good pre-amp. I purchased the EVO 707 when it was first released. I was one of the first to own this amazing processor. There were a lot of 'buggy' problems related to HDMI, all of which have been solved. The pre-amp section has always been stellar. It is better than the KCT in every way. Music emerges from a dead silent black back ground. It has deeper, tighter base. Better sound staging and better voice/instrument separation. The sound stage is more 3 dimensional. Everything sounds faster, more immediate, more vibrant. Music is clearer, more lifelike. I have been involved in high end audio and home theater since 1974. I have made many, many upgrades over the years. Replacing the Krell KCT with the EVO 707 was the single greatest upgrade I have ever made. The sound improvement was immediately, easily recognizable. I have Krell EVO 600E mono blocks for amps (R and L channels). I use Krell cast connections (except for my Esoteric K01 CD/SACD player). A great pre-amp can have an enormous impact on sound.
Matjet, You have a very good system, Krell told me that your EVO 707 retailed for around $30,000.00?, if that is in the ball park, I would expect the 707 to desamate the KCT for sure, do you use the 707 for two channel only, or do you run the 7.1 channels it offers?, your post was a great read BTW.
Audiolabyrinth,
The 707 retailed for $30,000. The pre-amp section for all 7 channels in the EVO 707 are identical and very close to the Evo 2. The Evo 2 is an ultra high end pre-amp that retailed for $40,000 (maybe $50,000) for a 2 channel pre-amp. I only use the 2 channel pre-amp (stereo, in analog without processing) when listening to music. I use 5.1 channels for movies/TV. The Evo 707 is amazing with movies as well as music. If you talk to Patrick Bresnahan at Krell, he will tell you that there is nothing Krell makes today that will compare with the 707 for music or movies. There is currently nothing on the market that would motivate me to give up my Evo 707. The KCT cannot touch the EVO 707, it is not even close.