sub hookup question

I want to hook up a sub to a rega brio r but I want to use the pre amp on the rega, not connecting it through the speakers. Do I need a patch cord or something to do this? thanks for your help.
remains8
From the Preamp outs on the integrated amp plugged to the subwoofer L-R inputs via quality RCA interconnects.

I had a long custom pair made up for me by buying the quality low impedance cable with Neutrik Profi RCA connectors.

In my case these were REGA Couple IC clones .... Same KLOTZ cable bought from a distributor direct in Germany and the Neutrik RCA connectors (2 pairs) from the ads on Ebay

Highly recommended.
The Rega Brio R does NOT have preamp outputs. It does have a "record out", but that is not controlled with the volume control. It's a fixed output.

You could still use it, but would have to match the sub level with the Brio's volume control each time. If you purchased a sub with a remote that controls volume, that would be easier, but still would need to be matched each time.

Seems to me the best way with your setup is to use the speaker level for hook up.
so if I used the record out ,I would just have to control the volume from the sub each time? My problem is that my speakers are bi-wired so I dont know how I would hook up a sub using the speakers.