Smart

I don't seem to be able to find a smart plasma tv . All of the smart TV's seem to be LED's ! Why ?
Any suggestions ?

Thank You
saki70
Probably because plasma is a defunct technology soon destined to extinction. All manufacturers are ceasing or have ceased production of plasma televisions.
'Tis true that plasma is a dying technology....better snap them up quickly before we are all force fed LED.
It's like watching vinyl disappear all over again.
Plasma's get burn-in, don't they?
If you are surfing on a tv, you may have issues down the road. Also, they are not energy efficient compared to LED's...
Some of the last Panasonic Plasma's were "smart". I have a 50" I picked up last year that is Smart. The problem with putting the "smart" in a TV is that when the manufacturer stops supporting it in a few years, you're screwed. I would recommend buying a something like a Roku or AppleTV. That way when the manufacturer stops supporting it, or they come out with something way cooler, you can toss it and your only out like a $100. These set-top-boxes are so small, they can be Velcro-ed to the back of the TV. Some of the "stick" versions draw power from USB of HDMI so no power cord needed. Another alternative is a "smart" Blu-ray player.

Also, if you're using "Smart" in a TV and have it hooked up to an AV receiver, you might want to check if they support ARC (audio return channel). This allows the audio from the Apps to run over the HDMI cable back to the Receiver which means one less cable to worry about.

I have a friend that travels a lot. He uses a Google Chromecast for Netflix and Amazon Prime; so small it slips in a shirt pocket.

Hope this helps,