Best Home Theater Processor Used 1K-3K Range

Hi all,
Looking for a Home Theater Processor that has an HDMI input and does all the latest formats, DTS-HD MA 7.1 etc, that I can pick up used in the 1k to 3K range. Preferably no speaker outputs if possible. No mass market crap, ie Panasonic, Sony, etc. Can anybody suggest anything good that I could scoop up on Ebay or Audiogon? I currently have a modded Oppo BDP-103 and am using all analog outputs to an Onkyo preamp and am looking to upgrade sound wise. I am also looking to upscale 5.1 sources to 7.1 which the Oppo can't do.
Thanks
128x128kleonard
I've done a comparison running an oppo 105 2.1/5.1 analogue. I sold it and bought the 103 and bought an Emotiva UMC-200 which had eq adjusting, better volume control, the XLR connections were killer compared to the RCA' s in the oppo 105. Overall sound quality was better defined, smoother midrange as the oppo seemed very lean. Also you could adjust different crossovers for any speaker with UMC-200 instead the oppo only allowing one crossover for all. The oppo doesn't allow when running floorstanding( full range)speakers with sub for 2 channel to set speakers full range( large)- sub won't activate. The front speaker setting needs to be set at small for sub to run. For movies the sub ran fine. I am waiting the XMC-1 as they are backed up with pre-orders. The UMC-200 was -$800 shipped was $600 cheaper than the oppo 105. A real no-brainer.
Nuforce AVP-18

7.1 preamp/ processor ~ $1095 new

Latest technology and codecs and all HDMI inputs

Go to the Nu-Force website and/or Google for the reviews ... It convinced me enough to buy it to pair up with my hi-end power amps.

Highly recommended
My JC-2 is packed for shipping to Parasound for a by-pass mod, so I've been using the Oppo 105 direct to Proceed HPA 2 & 3 amps that drive KEF Reference 107/2 mains and 102 surrounds. The JC-2 replaced a Cary Cinema 11a, both of which I'd guess are at least the equal of if not superior to the Emotiva UMC-200. The sound of the Oppo direct to the amps without preamp or processor is a quality I could easily be happy with.

db