Revel Salon 3?

Anyone heard if something is on the cards? Thinking of getting the Salon 2s but just want to make sure 3s are not already on the horizon.
Thanks,
Saum
sammisra
Appdevman,

My room is 21x17 and I have a Voice 2 to match my Studio 2's. The best comment I can give you is you'll be fine.
Mbovaird,

The S5 is well put of my budget. I am buying used so I am closer to 10k not 30k but they do look nice.

Yyz,

The nice thing about wilson is that they are so popular you can almost always find them used.

But back on topic, I don't see a Salon 3 coming out anytime soon. In an interview I read they said they would wait until the current model was no longer relevant and to my ears that does not seem to be the case yet. Their main competitor is B&W (mainstream audiophile.... Oxymoron) and the revels are still better than the new B&Ws. Magico, Willson, and Rockport play to a different crowd, one with more $$$.
Some people think Revel tweeters are smooth as silk and others think they absolutely suck. On the F series, it's as though they forgot to connect them. It's been a long time since I've heard an S. I recall liking them. I listened to the F206 and its horrible.
I have yet to hear a better tweeter than the revel salon 2. Maybe the negative reviews of the tweeter are front end related.
James63:
I have yet to hear a better tweeter than the revel salon 2. Maybe the negative reviews of the tweeter are front end related.

I have to agree. The Revel Studio2/Salon2 are amazing speakers, especially for the money. I may actually prefer the Revel tweeter to my TAD CR-1's. I hate to put that in writing but I have to be honest. Sure the TADs have more pinpoint imaging but sometimes it can be too much.