Tannoy or JBL

Tannoy Kingdom Royal or JBL DD66000? Will be using Rogue Audio Apollos tube monos.
Thanks.
leog2010
JBL specs the bass in an anechoic chamber so their specs are so different than typical high end audio exaggeration.

I have measured flat to 35 hz in a gigantic room of 50,000 square feet!!! A generous sized listening room of 14 x 24 x 10 is 3,360 cubic feet. In a normal/large living room I have seen them go flat to 22 hz. They are very serious in the bottom end. The 67000 goes to 33 hz flat in my giant room.

I've heard the Kingdom Royals in several rooms, I like the Canterbury and Westminsters better.

I would go for good tubes on the Everests if you get those. 100+ watts would control the woofers well. Remember, those are 2 15 inchers per side!

The right lower powered amp would work too, but it is unpredictable which lower powered tube amps will make the woofers go and which won't. Specs don't tell.

Just my 2 cents, but if your thinking of spending this kind of money for this kind of speaker you really should take a look at Classic Audio's T1 or T3. For the price of the JBL you could have the T 1.4 with all field coil drivers (big difference) or the T 3.4 for less. I've heard them several times with Atma-sphere amps and they are spectacular especially with the addition of the field coil drivers. They also make JBL Hartsfield reproductions.
In fact, I believe you could hear them at RMAF this weekend if you wanted to.
Kiddman,

Do you think that my current Rogue Apollos will be a good match for the 67000's?

Thanks.
I heard some big Classic Audio speakers at an audio show driven by Atmasphere amps and did not like them. The sound of the horn was too colored...

I have listened to big Klipsch speakers and did not like them either

just not a horn guy I guess

fwiw