Harbeth sound with high wife acceptance factor?

I fell in love today with the Harbeth C7s.

Unfortunately, my wife did not.

She doesn't like speakers on stands, she doesn't like big speakers. But she did like the sound ;-)

Any suggestions for a small floorstander with Harbeth sound and better looks? We listened to the Dali Mentor 6 - the looks were great, the sounds was good, but it was just not as musical as the Harbeth.

Budget is around $3,000 - any suggestions?
ctkeene
If you are in the Bay Area and want to audition Devore or Harbeth speakers, I recommend Tim at Tone of Music:

http://www.toneofmusic.com/products

Along the way, I also listened to Kef LS50 and Dali Mentor 6 speakers at Audiovision:

www.audiovisionsf.com

I thought the Kef speakers were incredible. For rock music they were perfect. If I hadn't heard the Harbeths first, I might have bought them. They just weren't as musical for acoustic recordings.

The Dali's had a very high wife acceptance factor. It helped that she was with me and made very clear her preference.

The problem with the Dali's is that I woke up at 2am in a cold sweat thinking about how they had completely flattened Jennifer Warnes' voice, turning into a mere pop tart of a thing rather than a thing of flesh and blood. Everything else they handled with aplomb. Who cares - I live for women vocalists.
Mapman thanks for adding to my suggestion as I have been thinking of them for myself.
I do normally run tubes but I have a pair of jeff roland model 6 monoblocks;any idea how those may match with the ohm's?
Nos substitute for listening. All were good options. Have only heard great things about Devore.

Rleff, I think the Rowland amp is a very good match for OHM as well as many others.