Vandersteen 5A or Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage

I am trying to decide between the Vandersteen 5A and the SF Stradivari. I have been into this CRAZY hobby for about 25 years and have owned speakers such as the Revel Studio V1, SF Cremona M and currently own Magnepan 3.7s with Vandersteen 2WQ subs. I listen to a variety of music, but mostly Rock and Pop music. I love a warmer sound to handle the poorly recorded Rock and I enjoy being able to listen fairly loud at times. Of the above I have owned, the SF Cremona were the best all rounders. The maggies although very good bloat at higher volumes. I should mention I use Levinson Mono blocks and Bryston processor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
troyseaward
I am very concerned over the plopping/distorted sound coming from the subwoofers with certain music, especially punchy music. I am actually very surprised that a speaker costing this much, with supposedly fantastic bass does this. What in the world do I have done? OR is this normal for the 5A?

Note: the music does not have to be very loud for this bloating sound; maybe 75-80db with techno/dance type music.

Please enlighten me here. I beg you
Troy call me so we can find out what's up with the pre owned speakers you
Bought nine seven three two three nine one seven nine nine
You obviously have a problem johnnyr
Troy, John Rutan's store is located in Verona, NJ. If you are close by, maybe you could offer to pay him to come to your house and do the set up. John may know more about Vandies than Richard V himself. :)

I'm optimistic that once your 5As are properly dialed in, you'll be happy. Gotta tell you that from a limited personal experience auditioning Vandies and based upon what I've read on A'gon, I gather they are a PITA to set up. I'm sure Bigkidz was pulling your chain when he quipped "toe in, toe out, replace batteries, dip switches, yikes! High pass filters, you don't need no high pass filters! Laser checking, tightening all those cones, oh no not those cones ...."

Ironically, when I auditioned a pair of Vandies a while back, the poor dealer went through similar aggravation setting up his display speakers. The guy almost passed out when I was about to move his display Vandies to make room for another brand to audition. Funny thing is I schlepped the other brand to a spot that looked like it would work, and bing, bang, boom, ... there was music.

Look, there are too many folks who swear by their Vandies to get upset. I'm sure John will get those 5As humming for you. I mean it.

Btw, did you carefully read the set up instructions? I recall they are pretty detailed, but Richard V knows what he's saying.