Wilson Audio MAXX resistors

I am about to replace resistors on my MAXX-1 which is in use for the last 10 years. There is no information in the instruction manual and i have absolutely no idea which resistors are to be used for mid/hi freq.. Does anybody have any information on the effect and procedure for resistor replacement/selection.
fpooyandeh
Peter, I was told by Ron Kinear of MusicSystems that they do. New ones fixed mine. As far as them being wrongly implemented, I'm not going to second guess Dave Wilson. I'm just happy that mine work like new.
I'm not going to second guess Peter. He knows a thing or two about speaker and crossover design, and I have not heard of resistor burn out either.
Polk 432 has the basic information correct and Jerron represents Wilson with class and impeccable knowledge. Was at a dealer in DC when I first heard about the resistor issue. This dealer highly recommended that the resistors be changed and claimed a sonic improvement. Since I have had the good fortune to deal with Jerron in the past, I called and asked about resistors in Wilson speakers.

Being Jerron always gives thoughtful information, his response was generally positive on the idea. I am not sure at this time if Wilson has a policy but I was told that they routinely replace the resistors when speakers come back to them for service etc. Guess the bottom line is that a call to Wilson is most often a pleasant experience and they would be the ones to most directly answer this question. When my WP7 tops were back for a cosmetic issue, the resistors were changed. The sound? Can't tell you of any earth shaking difference but it still made me smile to know they were new. As always, thanks to Wilson for their customer satisfaction and the joy of the music share.
Kkurtis,

I have no argument with that Wilson is a class act, their presentations etc at shows are very impressive, the whole organization comes across very professional. Like wise they build a product with extreme fit / finish.

This of course leads to the question, why implement a part as simple as a resistor that is so under valued as far as power handling that it "wears" out, when there surely are many many choices of resistors that would be powerful enough for the application. Also what does this resistor do to prolonged sound quality does it gradually decline as the resistor "wear" or does it just open up when its service life is expired causing the driver to quit.

From a top quality outfit like Wilson this seems like a sub par engineering choice

Good Listening

Peter