Spendor SP 100/R2 and Harbeth 40.1 - impressions?

Where I am, it's difficult to audition these two flagship speakers side-by-side or at home, so opinions/impressions from anyone would be most welcome.

Feedback on other forums is that the Harbeth may be marginally the "better'' speaker, but I'm not convinced.

Matching amps would likely be from MBL.

Thanks in advance
classact
Good to hear that you like the big Spendors so much Classact. Two questions for you---What type of stand are you using? and what type of jumper wire are you using (assuming you aren't biwiring)?

I have both Sound Anchors and Skylan stands and they each have their advantages. With my SP100s, I have tri-wiring posts which means I need two pairs of jumper cables. I connect the speaker cable to the midrange posts and run jumpers from them to the woofer and tweeter posts.
Hi Salectric - I'm using fairly heavy, 2-pillar stands custom made by my Spendor dealer which are about 18 inches high and whose pillars are filled with Atacama's Atabites. I think these stands are modelled after Skylans.

I believe some people recommend using open frame stands but I don't know where to buy these; I'm quite happy with the ones I'm using though.

Yes you're right in assuming I'm not biwiring. I've removed the stock jumpers and am using Kimber jumpers, made out of 8TC cable with banana plug terminations.