Warm airy musical speakers?

I am a newbie to Hifi. Well I have been reading on forums on and off for the last 5 years, but never had any system myself.

I'm a musician myself and have an idea of what type of sound I'm looking for. It is a warm, airy, open and organic sound with good midrange for vocals. Listen to jazz, acoustic music, norah jones, Diana Krall etc..

I don't like a cold and bright type of sound.

I've read alot of sonus faber, venere 1.5/2.0. Could be that kind of speaker I'm looking for?! Also I have read about focal aria 906. Seems to get great reviews.

I live far off any hifi-stores so I thought I will collect some good candidates for listening, when I visit a bigger city.

My budget is around $2000 - $2300 for both speaker and amplifier. New or used doesn't matter. For an amplifier I'm interested in tubes..

All recommendations are welcome!
philsons
I assume by warm airy musical speakers you mean less box coloration that provides an open sound. The Alon speakers meet that criteria you can get a pair of Alon IIs for under $800 or even less just to hear them. My overall opinion is that the preamp controls the sound of your system and should provide the musical sound open with air, clean sound with macro and micro dynamics, definition, bass, etc. It is also my opinion that very preamps can produce this that is why most try cables, speakers, different sources to achieve this but only find they can achieve this with specific recordings. That is why I am a fan of direct heated triode tube preamps which I also build. The older alons may offer what you are looking for in an affordable price range to see if they float your boat.

Happy Listening.
I listen to the same music through Harbeth C7ES3's. You could find them used in your price range.
First off 2300 for both speakers and amp is used territory esp. When talking about tubes.

I would suggest you look into System Audio speakers esp. For your listening preferences. Slightly warm and musical. I own a pair of their Mantra 10s larger stand mount and use older exposure seperates. Really nice. They are really good with Rouge and NAD as well.You will have to really price shop to get under your budget. Due to your location SA is probably a little cheaper I bet you can get Mantras for equivalent to 1300 US.

Currently they have a thread in the speakers forum about low powered tube amps and high efficiency speakers. With your music taste and budget I would seriously look into this option. I myself am very interested in a system like this. According to the thread you could get this system under your budget.
The Opera Mezza are excellent for the type of music you listen to. Also, the Dynaudio 140's used would be a excellent choice.