Has Anyone Found Shunyata Cables Sounding Thin?

I have noticed this with the introduction of some of Shunyata's latest offerings into my system. They are great cables but they need help in my system. I run cables in series to solve the problem and the results are stunning -- while going against audio principles and accepted audio "wisdom".
sabai
Douglas_schroeder,

Sorry, your logic is completely off track. You have not "tried this" in my system using the specific Furutech and Shunyata configuration that I use. You speak from "experience" but your experience is limited to the cables that you used in your system. "Trying this" -- series cabling -- in your system, and finding "it" does not work, is meaningless because I am not talking about your system. I am taking about what works in my system.

You have missed the point completely. The point is what works in my system, not what does not work in your system. You have no idea about what works in my system. So, dismissing what I have done by trying series cabling in your system is irrelevant because it does not duplicate my system and my experiment.

The important thing is not that "this" did not work in your system. Because your "this" is not the same "this" that works in my system. The important thing is that "this" works very well in my system. "This" may be "counter-productive" in your system. But "this" is not "counter-productive" in mine. You are talking apples and oranges. For you to take your experience and generalize it is as false as if I were to generalize my experience.

I have neither used the words "holy grail" nor have I implied anywhere that I am suggesting a "holy grail" for others. If you read my OP carefully I have simply asked if others have experienced thin sound with Shunyata cables. And I have let people know what works in my system to overcome the problem.

You have already come to a conclusion as to what is "not possible" -- and therefore what is possible. For you, improving SQ is not possible with series cabling. Well, you can talk about your own system here with authority. I would not presume to do so. But to talk about others' systems with equal authority is a whole other matter. You do not have the authority to do so, IMO. Your experience is limited to your system and to your experiment.

The problem is that you have generalized your conclusion based on your experience. Well, the conclusion you have reached may be valid for your system. But once you start to assume that what is true for your system is therefore true for all systems, you tread on ground you have no experience with.

For you, the theory calls the shots. Your theory tells you what is possible and what is not possible. For me, the ears call the shots. They tell me what is possible and what is not possible. Since you have not heard my system you have no actual basis for making judgments about what is possible and what is not possible with my system.

You only have iron-clad, indisputable theories that may, in fact, not be so iron-clad or so indisputable. But you would have to hear my system to find that out. Obviously. But you already know this is not necessary -- and that you would be able to improve the SQ of my system without ever having heard it. I find this quite amazing.

Series cabling is an art. It is like choosing the right component, but even more complicated because it is necessary to test dozens of cables in various configurations. How you can be convinced that you could improve the cabling and SQ in my system without knowing about this from first-hand experience is as presumptuous as my saying that I know how I could improve the cabling and SQ in your system without first-hand experience. Based only on theories and accepted "wisdom".

You may feel you have "exceptional" cables but to presume they would do anything for the SQ in my system is to be completely off track. It is beyond me how anyone can make cable assumptions and pre-decisions about another person's system with no experience at all with the other person's system.

I find it interesting that you already know that you would be able to make the sound of my system more to "your liking" -- without ever having heard my system in the first place to see if it is to your liking before the making the changes you have already decided it needs! You know beforehand that there "must" be "degradation" and "disadvantage" happening because your theory tells you so -- not your ears, but your theory.
Sabai, like I said, we're not going to agree on this. I'm glad your method works for you; that's what we're after, a satisfying experience. :)
I have had a similar recent experience with the latest and greatest Shunyata power cord. Thin.

For the record, I would not run cables in series, ever. Cables are not tone controls. They are designed to present unaltered signal to the downstream component. Its a mistake, and eventually your ears will tell you that.
The last time we had this discussion, Sabai was running everything in a series. IC, SC, PC and Power conditioners. Anything else now?

Sabai, as long as you're happy with the results, go for it.

Sabai, it might help the discussion if you listed your system and provided some pics.