Sony HAP-Z1ES Hi-Res Music Player RMAF 2013

Did anyone get a chance to hear this digital player. Seems similar to the Bryston BDP-2. I am very interested in how the upsampled DSD sounded.
yyzsantabarbara
Sbayne,

If you didn't mean to start a debate why did you come to the Digital forum to a thread that has nothing to do with turntables or digital vs vinyl and give your opinion that a $2,000 turntable setup will "blow the the HAP-Z1ES out of the water when it comes to "sound quality." Then you accuse me of trying to start a debate.

The arrogance of SOME of you turntable people is quite amusing.
If the HAP does not challenge your vinyl, you might try reclocking the S/PDIF output of the HAP with a Synchro-Mesh reclocker ($599). It is likely the jitter of the output that is the problem:

http://www.empiricalaudio.com/products/synchro-mesh

Powered by the Dynamo linear supply and using the optional BNC-BNC coax cable it provides a truly world-class digital signal. Many customers use it with Sonos, Squeezebox, computers, Wadia docking stations, Apple TV and many servers. 30-day money-back , less shipping.

reviews:
http://www.empiricalaudio.com/news-and-reviews/synchro-mesh

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Tomcy6 - If I'm so arrogant please explain what turntables have you owned. Lets start there if you want.
Steve - No digital output, but fortunately it sounds very good as is and since its an all-in-one solution its very convenient. Not up to the standards of your equipment but in the past I've used a linear power supply with a Squeezebox Touch/Monarchy Audio DIP/Metrum Octave DAC with good results.
Sbayne,

We don't want to start a debate, remember? Please just keep your arrogant dismissal of digital sound quality out of these threads. You're just making yourself sound like a blowhard. The time when vinyl blew digital out of the water is past and discussion of the sound quality of digital gear is entirely legitimate and needs no qualifiers regarding turntable sound.

You can post all you want about the glories of turntables on the Analog forum.