Add DAC or mod player?

Need advice. I have an older, but well respected cd player, the Arcam FMJ23T. I can either have a well known company mod/upgrade the parts of the player (master clock, resistors, power supply, chassis dampening and more) or for a little more money, I can buy a decent DAC (for example, Chord Qute) and use the player as a transport. Any thoughts?
rockyboy
I'd buy the DAC and use the Arcam as a transport. DACs have really improved in the last couple of years...

-RW-
Thats what I do ...I have a McIntosh CD201 for a transport into a Monarcy Audio DIP then to a MSB DAC with the Burr Brown chips, it is a very analogue sound that's warm and easy to listen to for long periods at higher volumes.
IMO, the Arcam you have is a very good player and you might end up preferring it to mid-priced dacs. Unless you just want to buy used and fool around with different DACs, I wouldn't buy something I couldn't return.
I'd experiment with some good, used DACs or demo some new ones rather than pump money into an older CD player. It can also allow you to start to explore hi-res music at some point if you want. Best of luck.