Telarc 1812 revisited

I've posted several threads about the trackability of this record and have received many scholarly answers, with emphasis on physics, geometry, compliance, weight, angles,price and all sorts of scientific explanations about tonearms, cartridges, VTA, etc, etc. Let's cut to the chase: I have a 1970's Pioneer 540 in the garage I bought for $5 at a thrift store plus an Audio Technica cartridge for which I paid $30 This combo. tracks the Telarc 1812 perfectly without problems while my $4000 Rega and $1200 Project bounce out of the grooves.. I'd really finally like to get some explanation and resolution as to this discrepanccy
boofer
Raul, Have you given the Kleos any time to break in? Does this even make a difference, in your opinion?

Perhaps you can start a Kleos vs. Akiva thread and have more people respond to this topic as they might not find it in this thread which about the 1812 recording and tracking ability.
Dear Peter Ayer: My Kleos is already broken, take almost " nothing " for the cartridge been brock.

In the other side, start a thread on Kleos vs Akiva could be interesting but I see a " trouble " , please ask you how many of your audio friends own the Akiva cartridge? and how many Agon threads did you read it about Akiva owners and how many?

Linn Akiva is designed mainly for Linn analog rigs: especially the Ekos tonearm. The cartridge comes with three mounted holes that's a characteristic of Linn tonearm headshell.

Other characteristic is that the Akiva comes with dedicated
wires to be connected directly to the tonearm headsell male connectors and not all tonearms accept it.
To connect my Akiva in my system I have to make a modification changing the Akiva wires female connectors/pins for male ones.

Today the owners of cartridges as Atlas, Ana, LP-S, XV 1t, Goldfinger Statement ad the like I can tell you that even they do not know of the Akiva existence and less heard it.

That's a pity issue because IMHO the Akiva can compete at that so high level quality performance for " penauts " in comparison wiht all those really high cartridge prices$$$$$.

Btw, I don't finish yet with the Kleos, I will try harder trying to achieve better quality performance, I need that the Kleos be more " human ".

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear friends: Finally my Kleos started to shines and even that is not the best tracker out there is a great quality performer design.

JC made it a splendid job with, congratulations!

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear Raul,

What on Earth have you been doing ? Is that new TA design of your very own so good that you don´t post anymore ?

You already know that I do care for trackability, for the last 30 years have and will do.
At the highest VTF recommended, my ULTRA tracks 100 um but my AT-ML180/OCC hardly 80 um. The ULTRA performs without issues, especially the midrange is super fluid. The ML180 is also superb but doesn´t quite make the level of the former, namely the mids and highs.
Just a funny irrelevant coincidence ? I don´t think so.

Just curious, does the Entré-1 pass the Telarc test...

Very best regards
The resurrection is complete 3 posts this month!!! I am curious about a post made by J Carr asking Rauliruegas to say what he heard when a cartridge was loaded down too much or too little. This was the answer I was most looking forward to, but sadly it was not forthcoming.....or maybe I missed it in the mire.

Contrary to everything I have read I have found that at 100 Ohm my cartridge sounds thin and lacking in tone and bass, at about 400 Ohm it sounds just right to me, and at 980 Ohm, seems to lose life and lack "air". Am I dreaming? (Tone arm cable 80pF, Atlas). For me tone is most important, sound stage and depth etc. all come a distant second.

BTW it tracks the FIM 1812 (another version?) ! but I don't like listening to it, there are better recordings of the 1812, without the gimmicks:)