SUT decision: Ortofon Verto vs Ortofon STA6600L

Friends,
I am considering adding a SUT to between my Lyra Skala cartridge and RCM Sensor phonostage. I have noticed that even with a cheap vintage Ortofon SUT there is a clear improvement in terms of musical flow and drama when compared with using the phonostage standalone. At the moment I can get a Ortofon Verto which is a new generation SUT by Ortofon (using Lundahl inside) or I can also get a vintage STA 6600L which uses an original Jorgen Schou SUT inside. Which of them is preferable ? Will the old tranny hold when compared to a latest Lundahl tranny ?
pani
Dear Pani: I don't know but because your thread could be that you are not satisfied by the RCM and as Dover said maybe is time to change it.

The RCM does not needs a SUT to handle any LOMC cartridge and if a cheap SUT ( your words ) outperform it then you are in " trouble ".

A well designed and executed active high gain phonolinepreamp is an expensive unit, only your wallet could tell you on a change about.

In the other side and if you want to add that SUT your RCM can handle with the options I nemed because the Denon and Entré/Audio Technica lower gain option gives you 20db with a load impedance of 40 ohms. Your RCM handle 8 mv, so you don't have problem with but as Dover posted you have to check with other SUTs.

The J.Carr post is useful on the regards.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
but depends on the unit overload margin at each gain. Maybe the best idea be to contact directly to RCM asking for advise on what you are trying to do.

R.
Pani: You have to take care to even SPL when you are doing comparisons because small differences in SPL couild be take it by our brain as : more alive or dull sound when the only difference in reality is that SPL difference.

An example of that could be and you can test trhough your RCM: load your cartridge at 1 kohms and then change it at 50 ohms: other than difference in frequency response you will have a lower SPL at 50 ohms set up. When you change to n external SUT you have to be sure to even the SPL.

R.
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I enjoy reading sincere recommendations like the above.

Raul, I will definitely check the Denon SUTs. I like the RCM phonostage a lot. I especially love it with ZYX cartridge. But with Lyra I find that the music gets a bit mechanical when used without SUT. Without the SUT the music is very clean and noise floor is very low, frequency extension is also very clean and deep. However I dont get the same flow of the music which I get when SUT is in place. This happens most with the Lyra. I dont know whether it is a matter of compatibility or anything else.
Has anyone heard Bob's 1131 SUT against Ortofon SUT or the Auditorium 23 SUT ?