Phono Cartridge advice

Needing some expertise I am currently looking at 2 different phono cartridges for my system. I narrowed it down to the

Dynavector 20X2 Phono Cartridge and the Ortofon 2M Black Verso. For best price for performance and quality.

My system is Totem Acoustic Forest speakers and a Cary Audio cad 120s triode tube power amp, Cary audio SLP-98P tube preamp with built in moving magnet tube phono stage, and Kimber silver streak interconnects. Sytemdek turntable with an Oracletone arm.

One thing about the dynavector I can run the low output version through a step up transformer but would prefer the high output version for cost savings.

My biggest question is moving magnate or moving coil better for a triode tube system? Let me know your thoughts and experiences thanx and happy holidays!
128x128jakecanada
Either cartridge would seem to be a good choice; having said that I have no experience with the Dynavector but I do own the Ortofon Black and, after a listening session last night with audiobuds, and with that cartridge finally fully broken in, there was nothing we found wanting for detail-wise or in any other sonic features. You wouldn't go wrong wih this cart and it is scarily close to my Lyra Delos.
The 20X2 will be a more revealing and neutral cartridge in your rig. The high output version will save you a few hundred bucks, as you noted. If you really want to extract the best from your vinyl, spend the extra bucks to properly rig a low output version; you won't be disappointed. Have fun and happy listening!
I have agrado reference after years of lomc. Dynamics are wonderful! and once u get over aria of the low op cash eaters.you might find like me I am not missing anything.
With your current set up go with the Ortofon 2M Black. Remember cartridges have the shortest life span of any audio component.
thanks for your input you guys. One other question that a dealer mentioned was if you have a moving coil with a step up transformer into a moving magnet phono stage it might to many coils and sound a bit granny and you will lose detail?