VPI Classic platter - is center milled?

Is the vpi classic platter milled with a depression in the center? vpi recommends not using a mat, but my platter has a slight rise in the center.

With the provided ring clamp and gasket, vinyl stays 2 mm above platter with a lot of wobble. If I use the rubber mat, it seats the vinyl firmly.

Thanks for input.
abp689
Stringreen ... is there more to VPI's changes to the Classic (i.e., moving the motor left and rear, and prettying-up the button) than aesthetics? Another change is the Classic 3 black shrink tube on the wand. Wonder if that does anything, other than look good.
VPI is always experimenting...and I applaud that. Black shrink wrap eliminates some undesirable resonance that may be present in a particular cartridge and is transferred down the tube...minimal sound difference if any...
Hey Abp689, since you are the only one with a raised centre Classic platter, did you ever get re-confirmation from VPI?

I would be anxious to find out if I had the latest/newest design or a manufacturing defect.
Brf: I have no idea what's going on. I spoke to Jack at VPI twice and he consulted with someone else there and stated the raised platter is correct. I also called a distributor who said they'd have another classic and the platter is raised.

I might try calling one more distributor and get a final confirmation. At this point, it seems like the platter is a matter of the draw?! If they confirm it is raised, I'm going to leave it. I'll update with any additional info...
Emailed forwarded to me from Matt W.

There was actually a supplier mistake for a short period of time, there is suppose to be a recess for the album label but for a short period of time there were some platter made with the raised center and a different mat was used on those.