Turntable upgrade, tweaks, or stay put?

I have a music hall mmf-7, stock with goldring eroica and project speed box. Rest of system: Wilson audio Sophias, Musical fidelity KW 500, Musical fidelity Trivista DAC, and Musical fidelity CD player. I really enjoy the mmf7 and have no real complaints. However, I know it is the weakest link in my system. I wonder how much better it could be. Do you think I would have to spend $5-6000 or more on a new tt to get significantly better sound? Any recommendations? Or would some tweaks be smarter? Or just save my money and buy more records? Thanks in advance. As I said, I like my mmf7, but wonder if I am missing out by not having something of similar quality to the rest of my system.
arsh
Check the VPI web site. You can access the Scout's manual there. It will tell you, or just call Jack or Mike. I seem to recall a teeny tiny drop of 40W motor oil, or something like that. VPI may even sell a little stick of it.
For motor shaft lubrication use a VERY light oil. Sewing machine oil works really well. To apply, see if you can get a hold a hypodermic needle which will allow you target the area of lubrication.
I got the scoutmaster set up with a soundsmith zephyr. Will let it break in for a few days, but it already sounds good. Will keep you all posted. Thanks a lot!
Arsh ... the Zephyr is my back-up cartridge. It's a very nice cartridge and was supposedly jointly designed by Peter Ledermann of S-S and Harry W of VPI fame. I think you are doing quite well.
If you keep the VPI or decide to find one of your own, they really like a solid platform to sit on. I thought my Scoutmaster was solidly supported on its own VPI 4" tube-steel and steel bar stand loaded up with 100# of lead shot and kitty litter. The stand, spikes and fill and components on the two shelves came to > 250#. The whole thing set up on brass spikes sounded very good, but did not really take off until I put a maple block isolation platform under it. I got a great deal on a Titanic maple cutting board from dawnsplatforms and some Mapleshade blocks. The 27"x21"x4" monster adds another 65# to the setup, and the sound went from excellent to glorious. It also looks fantastic.