Turntable upgrade, tweaks, or stay put?

I have a music hall mmf-7, stock with goldring eroica and project speed box. Rest of system: Wilson audio Sophias, Musical fidelity KW 500, Musical fidelity Trivista DAC, and Musical fidelity CD player. I really enjoy the mmf7 and have no real complaints. However, I know it is the weakest link in my system. I wonder how much better it could be. Do you think I would have to spend $5-6000 or more on a new tt to get significantly better sound? Any recommendations? Or would some tweaks be smarter? Or just save my money and buy more records? Thanks in advance. As I said, I like my mmf7, but wonder if I am missing out by not having something of similar quality to the rest of my system.
arsh
I don't see Blu-tak being soft enough to allow the diamond to penetrate the surface, thus allowing the Blu-tak to remove the stylus debris. Stick with Onzow Zerodust.
I haven't personally tried it, but there is a much cheaper alternative to Onzow Zerodust that appears to be very similar in design. I have seen it recommended by some other users who have used it with their very high end analog setups and they enthusiastically recommend it. It is Extreme Phono's Solid-State Stylus Cleaner.
+1 Bill_k. I have been using the EP cleaner for about a year and a half. My records love it. It took quite a few uses before my nerves broke in and my comfort factor while using it increased to the point where it became pretty natural. I now am so absolutely fearless when cleaning my stylus, that I no longer use the safest method - to align it under the cartridge and lower the cueing arm. For the last several hundred plays I gently raise the open cleaner case to the stylus from below while the arm is locked down. Looking back to how I used to brush the needle several times per cleaning, as I did for decades before, I realize that I never lost my fear of destroying a cartridge with every cleaning.
Got a 3" maple butcher block board under the scoutmaster, and it sounds excellent.
Not sure how similar the kW500's built in phono stage is compared to the stand-alone kW phono stage. I have the stand-alone and it is a fabulous phono stage. A real keeper in my book, preferred it claerly over the SimAudio 5.3LP with optional external power supply and the Avid Pulsus (which I also preferred over the SimAudio). Like many pieces of audio gear, think the kW really sonically benefits from its burly power supply.

At the price of the VPI Classic, you have a number of nice turntable options. Are you anywhere that you would be able to audition tables? Rega, Well Tempered Amadeus, Townshend Rock (my current table, and a bit pricier) are all great options. Avid and Basis also have tables in this range.