Vintage Cassettes: Direct Drive, 3 Heads: Sendust

Hey folks...I am leaning towards 3 head Denon or Harman Kardon decks with DD innards...I don't want to monkey with belts, etc...and yes NAK are quality decks but the majority of my taping was not on a NAK deck to begin with...I am looking for reliability, features, and decent sound. Others: Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony ES. These would be 80s\90s offerins primarily.
128x128phasecorrect
Phase...the CD491 is an excellent cassette deck! I recently found a really nice CD391 and am loving it.

I also was a HK dealer back in the day and the CD491 was as good as anything out at that time.

Enjoy.
Nice!...what tapes do you use with your HK unit? And where do you find them?...Tdk/Maxell still produce Studio/Pro grade Chrome tapes?
ALso....got a line on a NAD 6100 with remote for a good price...should I bite?...Believe its belt drive...and a later NAD product...which some have issues with. 2 header.
IMHO, I would take the HK CD491 any day over the NAD, IF the HK is working properly and in good shape.

I was very fortunate in that when I closed one of my stores I took all of the blank tape we sold with me.

I have cases of TDK, Maxell, Fuji, BASF, Triad, Sony that will probably last me a lifetime. Not sure if any of the majors sell high quality tape anymore. I'm sure you can find some on E-Bay.