Phono Stage, Cables, etc for VPI Scoutmaster II?

I have a VPI Scoutmaster II on the way with Ortofon 2M Black cartridge, and wanted to get some input on matching up some components:

1. Phono cables? (under $500)
2. Power cord? (under $500)
3. (Cheap) Dustcover (but not a plastic bag!)
4. Phono stage? ($1200 or less)

I like detailed, clean, fast, and musical sound. Right now my system is teetering on the edge of too much warmth (downstream from the VPI I have a tubed BAT preamp and either a pair of tubed mono blocks or a Pass Labs x150 solid state amp.)

thanks!
Gary
128x1281graber2
Thanks Peter,
The first 3 links didn't work, but I was able to google and find them. Your B2B-1 has some positive reviews. Currently, I have a pair of Dali Helicon 400 MkI floor standing speakers, and my mid-bass is maxed out, can't do any more. As such, my concern with using the B2B-1 is TOO MUCH bass, as the reviews appeared to say that the low end was pretty fat.
In any case, will consider it, I see there is a 2 week trial period.
Gary
Morrow Audio phono cables are very clear and quick, I use a PH-4 to good effect.
While I firmly "believe" that good power cords can be nice improvement. Do not use them for a turntable.

Phono cable: Nordost Heimdall 2. Not overly expensive just a good phono cord.

Phono pre amp: Roksan DXP SE or RCM Prelude. I own the RCM but regret that I didn't buy the Roksan. The Roksan costs a bit more but is better. Both are over your budget but if you do not buy a dustcover and fancy power cord they should be withing reach. Or even buy a cheaper phono cable. Like the Nordost Leif blue Heaven phono cable.
Ok, thanks folks, I'll nix the power cord idea, no problem with that.
I like the idea of the Nordost Heimdalls as well. I use mostly Nordost ICs & SCs in my system anyway (at about the Heimdall/Frey/SPM performance level).
Also, a guy at a local high end store in San Francisco told me that they generally recommend 2 cables for the Scoutmaster: a Transparent Audio model & the Synergistic Research Tricon.
1. VPI
2. Whatever you get, make sure the IEC isn't too big or it will interfere with the back leg on that side. I wouldn't spend too much money. It's just feeding a motor.
3. DigitalDeckCovers
4. All kinds of good ones in that $ range. I have a Trigon Vanguard II, and it is nice.