Less listings

I have not been on Audiogon for a while. I recall there being A LOT more listings a year or so ago. Is there significant less listings with the " new and inferior" format?
andsta
This has nothing to do with the new look of the classifieds, but it seems to me that the ratio of commercial to private party ads has increased since I started browsing and buying seven years ago. In addition, the type of businesses selling on Audiogon has changed somewhat. Business advertisers used to be limited to manufacturers selling direct, modifiers and retailers selling used. Now many ads are from retailers selling new. In effect, brick and mortar store are advertising on Audiogon instead of local newspapers. This is not helpful to buyers using Audiogon to reduce the cost of purchase, although it may help buyers not near any brick and mortar retailers.
Audiogon deletes listings directly after a sale.In olden times the listing remained for a while but was marked sold.
Not sure just what the truth is, in spite of our theories, but I do see less listings than before. For me, the listing procedure is flawed compared to other sites. This leads me to list elsewhere.
4krow,

Just curious. Are you having better success selling elsewhere than you did on Audiogon?
I've spoken to some members who have tried selling their wares on other audio sites. It has been a mix bag of results. Some tube sellers and cable sellers swear by the other sites others who have been selling amps and bigger speakers told me they prefer to sell on Audiogon still.