Problem with CJ Phono Pre and Dynavector MKIIXX2

Have Conrad Johnson Amp and Pre--so decided I would go and splurge on the TEA 2 SE Hi Gain--problem is, the "hi gain" from Conrad Johnson is apparently not enough "gain" for my also expensive Dynavector Moving Coil Cartridge--

What a mess. I was told the Hi Gain choice from CJ would work well with my choice of low gain cartridge---now I have two expensive investments that do not work together.

Next??? apparently the CJ will work well with a moving magnet--but not with the latest moving coil. Not sure which of the two items I can more readily sell on the market, and or if there is other solution?? Ideas welcome.
bluesnbike1954
Unfortunately the TEA is just not high "enough" gain to run the LOMC Dyna. Don't despair though. The CJ electronics are beautiful instruments (I run all CJ electronics myself) and with the right step-up transformer will sound glorious.
I use the same cartridge and CJ phono pre in Low Gain. Despite what CJ said, my dealer and I always believed that High Gain was not enough for a MC DV and a SUT will be the best path so, Bob Devices Cinemag 1131 enters in the equation... Fantastic sound... Lot of detail, dynamics and soundstage...musical without any doubts...
any thoughts on the "hum" coming through the system? Isn't present when I turn CJ pre on--or when I turn the Oracle on---but put stylus to vinyl---by end of the first cut--ever present HUM --coming from speakers.

Ideas as to how to begin to eliminate? thanks.