Kimber 8TC beater?

Hi Guys,

Need your help in recommending speaker cables that will beat the 8TCs in terms of a fuller and bigger (image size and soundstage). Preferably in the same price rage or maybe slightly higher.

Thanks!
pc123v
I don't know the cost of the 8TC, but I just picked up a set of Audioquest CV-8 for about $400 on close out, and blown away by the imaging and placement of instruments.
I've listened to a lot of speaker cables at the 8TC price range. I'm going to say there aren't in fact many that beat the 8TC for imaging, but there are several that are weightier/fuller sounding. I had to go up to the Audience AU24E to get that in my system.

I'm going to go left-field with a cheaper option which is cryo'ed Mogami 3104 (from TakeFiveAudio). It's an absolute bargain; neutral, detailed, solid sounding. Depending on your system, you may also want to try Goertz MI3.
Without knowing the rest of your system, it is impossible to offer any more than heavily biased personal value judgements. Because system synergy matters big time, just because Brand X sounds good in another guy's system, there is no assurance that it will excel in yours.

For the same reasons, there are a myriad of competing offerings in a very crowded $$ market strata capable of meeting and exceeding the performance of the 8TCs ..... Depending on the system they are married up to.
@Akg_ca. and everyone. Thanks for your response. My system is as follows...

cd player....resolution audio opus 21
amps monos...hyperion ht-88
speakers.....hyperion 938
ICs..........grover huffman (new and broken in...latest version)
SCs..........supra ply 3.4 shielded

It's an old system that was in hibernation for years til a few months ago. Presently, system sounds quite constricted...quite thin and "smallish" sounding. Amps retubed recently.

From my memory, I am thinking thats it's the sonic signature of the hyperion 938s. I am hoping the improve the overall sound to something which I can live with. If it doesn't work...I will probably get a new pair of speakers.

Thanks.

PS Unable to get home audition for cables in my area.
Mogami 3104 will do it as Loftarasa pointed out above. If you don't require biwire capability, Mogami 3103 (which is the same wire as 3104 but single wire only) will also do it at about 1/5 of the price of 8TC, which I used for many years.
More to discover