Sloppy but Famous Contest

Hi,
Did anyone notice that Leo Kottke is awfully sloppy musician?
How about Steve Howe?
Both of them often miss the notes or even hitting the wrong ones.
Who else do you know?
czarivey
Tostado,

I play primarily fingerstyle and couldn't agree with you more! It explains so many of my shortcomings.

OTOH, most of my favorite fingerstyle players are getting on a bit, but they're still on top of their game. John Renbourn is 70, Richard Thompson and Lindsey Buckingham are both 65, and Tommy Emmanuel is 60. It can be done!

Notwithstanding all that, IMO your comment is squarely on point.
Oops - to clarify.

My favorite popular music fingerstyle players are hangin' in there... I wasn't trying to specifically equate Renbourn et al with the classical players you note (although Renbourn has recorded some pretty awesome Baroque material and Buckingham does have a mean "faux" rasqueado in his bag of tricks).
Jimmy Page - the most famous sloppy guitarist. As an aside, I ruined LZ for my wife when I played her the originals of everything they ripped off. She was appalled.
Not only want to speak about guitarists. Norah Jones is way better off having someone play piano instead and perhaps singin' too LOL!
Marty,

Tommy is a freak of nature. Have heard him up close in and out of gigs and I'm not quite sure if he is human. He may be from planet Hendrix--actually, both Tommy and Paco de Lucia may be extraterrestrial or interdimensional. Normal people just don't (can't) play like that.