Fairpoint Convention

Any Fairpoint Convention fans out there? Loved it when Sandy Denny was lead singer. Loved Tam Lin. I cannot remember how many times I listened to this song.
shubertmaniac
Another artist is Ian (or Iain) Matthews who sang with Fairport Convention and then had a solo career (Matthew's Southern Comfort, etc.). I bought an LP, "If You See Thro' My Eyes" fairly recently at a Half Price Books in Austin. It was a reissue and sounds great, really one of those records you just missed at the time. Richard Thompson plays on it as well.
Love Fairport and I've been privileged to call the current band members (Pegg, Nicol, Sanders, Leslie, Conway) good friends. While the studio recordings over the last 15 years aren't groundbreaking in the way the earliest catalog is, for musicianship and production they are my favorite.
Well we could go back a little bit further than Annie and include the Chieftains but maybe they don't qualify since they're Irish and aren't strictly folk/rock, their repertoire spreads out a bit more. How far back can this go? So far as musicianship goes the Chieftains are right there with the best of them and still going strong. What's more wonderful is the staggering list of guest performers at their live performances.

How'd I do this time Roxy?
More to discover