Silent Running Audio vs Harmonic Resolution System

Which of the two is better based on you own experience?
thesaint519
Having heard various racks and shelves under components, I would say that any choice is somewhat of a crapshoot. Greater degrees of isolation and absorption of vibration is the goal of these products. But, from a sonic preference perspective, "more" is not necessarily better. I heard a Symposium demonstration with an Aero Capitole CD player many years ago, where the player was put on progressively "better" platforms in the Symposium line. The sound from the player on the best platform was WAY too lean and analytical.

I have heard a bit of the same with different platforms under linestages and amps as well, though the results were less dramatic than what I heard with the CD player.

I know someone with a custom designed top end HRS rack and amp stands. I have never seen a rack that is more massive, solid and impecably constructed (VERY tight machining tolerances). There is absolutely no movement at all in the rack no matter how hard one could try to move it. As for the sound, I can only say that the system sounded great, but, I have no idea what contribution the stand makes and whether it could have sounded better with something else (I cannot think of another stand which would have looked better). The BIG downside of this HRS system is that it cost more than most people would spend on an entire system.
Hi Whart,

Thanks for the insight. Yes, I am thinking about a rack for my gear and digital front end, but not the Lamm monos. The Lamm Preamp, the Sooloos Ensemble, the Meitner MA-1, and a cable box. How do you like your HRS platform under ur turntable? I owned a four shelf Grand Prix Monaco rack too. I sold it to finance dome upgrades. Two of reasons I sold it were, 1. I learned that the sorbothane pads lost their effectiveness to mitigate vibration over time (which, in turn, meant I had to unload the rack to change out the pads periodically) and, 2. that post in the rear was making life difficult for cable management. I'd really like a rack that I could use from this point forward without having to maintenance it. And when you're spending all this money, why should you have to?
Saint- The HRS platform is fine, but as I indicated, it really has less to do with isolation than just providing a platform for my big Kuzma table, which has no plinth and needs something to mount it on.
The Grand Prix stuff was great in its day, and I still use it, but do replace the sorbothane pucks every six months or so, not a big deal, but I get where you are coming from.
I think if I were starting from scratch I'd look at some some basic constrained layer platforms and well built shelving, furniture consoles or other well-built furniture that is not necessarily 'audiophile approved,' and do the isolation or decoupling separately. That seems to be the route several people have taken- folks who could conceivably buy anything they wanted to enhance system performance. The advantage is, you are not stuck with a spendy 'rack system' that may be last weeks' flavor after a couple years. (Though admittedly, things like Stillpoints as separate decouplers get pricey pretty quickly when you are doing a bunch of components). There is also a pretty well made wooden rack by the Box Company that a few people on the Hoffman forum were discussing. I think this is made by the same guy that builds the cabinets for DeVore speakers, so he may be local to NY. Worth checking, anyway. (It is not 'high tech' but looks pretty nice and you could probably add some additional platforms or decouplers as necessary).
I saw that you pinged Myles on his system page- I'm not sure he visits A-gon that much. See if you can't find an email for him via Positive Feedback Online. He's usually pretty responsive.
Ebm,

What makes you say Symposium is better than both? Do you have some inside info? Do share.