Silent Running Audio vs Harmonic Resolution System

Which of the two is better based on you own experience?
thesaint519
I have seen various SRA products, including racks and bases, and they are all well-built and finished products. The rack I saw reminded me of the old Zoethecus racks.

I am also familiar with the products of a number of other companies, such as Symposium, Stillpoint, and HRS. All of these companies make good products that work very well at isolating or absorbing vibrational energy. All of them make very nice racks that fit their particular shelves, bases or footers very well. I have no idea how they differ in performance and I am quite certain that differing needs, differing taste in sound, and differing interaction with specific components makes it impossible to pick a particular "best."

Based on what I've seen of use by manufacturers of other gear and choices of exhibitors at shows, I think Symposium and Stillpoint are favorites. But, SRA and HRS are probably "hindered" in this respect by their much higher price.

If I were in the market for cost-is-no-object racks and shelves, it would be HRS. The friend that went with the HRS system got something that was custom built to his exact requirements (size, shelf spacing, configuration, etc.). Attention to detail was incredible--not only are the shelves designed with interior dampening dependent on the type and weight of the component, one measured the weight distribution of the component for purposes of such customization. HRS also provided extremely detailed instructions and support on the assembly of these very complicated racks.

The only thing I'd add to all of this (and I think Larry alluded to it earlier), is that, in my estimation, there is no one 'all purpose' solution for all components in a system. The more effective a device is at isolating or decoupling, the more it may change a given component's sound. You can fine tune a system that way, or, after listening to the effect of various devices, decide that 'different' isn't better. Thus, I'd be reluctant to paint an entire system with a broad brush that says "here's an ideal solution for an entire system.' Obviously, if it is possible to try these things at no risk before you invest, you can make that decision for yourself. In that respect, I'm product agnostic- different solutions will have different effects on different components in different systems. And while I appreciate that you are doing your due diligence and research, Saint, there ain't no substitute for listening to it in your system, over a variety of source material, for more than an afternoon.
Best,
Hi Larryi & Whart,

Thank you for the info. I appreciate your insight. It is invaluable.
Just as an update, I decided to go with an all SRA solution.  Couldn't be happier.  :)