Help diagnose the kind of power treatment needed

Hello.

I want to tackle power treatment and intend to hire a guy with the right equipment come and measure at home so I can arrive at a diagnose. I understand the different approaches to power treatment are best suited to certain circumstances. What should I ask for as deliverables, leading to an appropriate diagnose?

My system is an optimized computer, Audiophilleo, Metrum Octave DAC, Lamm LL2 preamp, McIntosh MC275 amp, 2 subwoofers. I have 2 dedicated power lines that finish on aluminum boxes housing Oyaide outlets. Power cords are DIY a-la Chris VenHaus.

I've been reading up and I'm all over the place. Isolation transformers, other types of filters, regenerators, etc.

Am I on the right track looking for someone to measure? What should I ask them for?

Thank you!!
lewinskih01
Hello Lew.

I would save your money for hardware. It's a pretty safe assumption that power at the wall is filthy.
Terry,

Yes, I agree the assumption is safe. But I understand the reason some people prefer regeneration, others prefer filtration, others balanced transformers, etc is because the way in which the AC is filthy at different locations varies. I'm trying to determine in which way my power is filthy so I know what to look for as a solution.

Trying at home is not an option for me, or at least not a practical one. I can go ahead a buy something, but I would never know if that unit was the best I could have bought, and getting a second unit would take me about additional 6 months...
Personally I think all the options that are available all have their own shortcoming. With that said I like your idea of having someone (a professional) test and make a diagnoses regarding the problem.
I have no idea what type of equipment is needed or who does that type of work. I guess I'd start by phoning some good electricians in your area and see what their recommendations are. I know I'm not suggesting anything that you didn't already think of but I'm hopping you will keep us posted on this forum regarding your findings.