Why Can We plug our AMPS directly into wall w/o Worrying?

hi all.

considering power conditioners for my system, and am stuck on why I can plug my krell amps directly into the wall without worrying about line surges, dirty power, rfi and similar evils... why is it so much more important to get 'clean power' to my other components and to 'protect' them, but so many people advise plugging the most expensive part (of my system) directly into the walls? are power amps somehow impervious to dirty lines and spikes? someone help... with my setup, i could just get a ps audio 300 or mit z center or chang iso 9600 for the components and go the amps directly into the wall, or i could get a more expensive device (ps audio 600, chang ht1000) that includes power conditioning for the amps... thanks again all for your reponses... -
baz
bazmataz
Scratch out the without worrying part. I suffered from a near lightning strike this spring that fried some tubes and the B-fuses in each of my amp while everything on the Chang escaped unscathed. When my system was set up differently i had the amps through the chang as well and didn't notice a hugh dynamic shift. Getting a good conditioner/protector for each amp is something on the budgeting list for me since next time it may be more than a hundred dollars worth of tubes.
I use a PS Audio P1200 with my Krell KSA-300S with such good results that I haven't gone back to straight wall connection. I also use the P1200 in 220V mode which benifits from balanced A/C. I know it is pricey, but if you are like me in finding the components you want then it is a final step and a big sonic improvement.
Onhighway61 is right about digital components. I've used a 'scope and a noise sniffer to measure the amount of junk that various high end digital units put back onto the AC lines. In most cases, even for multi kilobuck units, they put out a lot. I use two PS 300's, one for my analog sources and one for my digital sources. Cable TV or digital audio sources are even worse.
Interesting! Once I was lazy to plug in my new EAD DSP700 MKII DAC and I tried it in the wall... The sound of 60Hz was audiable even on small volume of the preamp. Now I keep everything into my Panamax including Bryston 3b-st power amplifier. Panamax is an inexpencive way to connect and protect your equipment against "wall noise" and surges. It doesn't regenerate a clean power like PS300 but it doesn't compromise in power. However if you've solid and new electric wiring in your home, this device isn't necessary. In this case it'll make a sence to get PS300 for small power components and plug large power components into the wall or PC surge protector. I have a horrible electric wires in my appartment and I do not take any chances to plug even TV in there. At least I should have a PC surge protector.