HH Scott 350 fm tuner

Hi,
I just bought a Stereomaster 350 tuner in good working condition. I went to someones house to pick it up and he had it playing through his desktop sized speakers but that was enough to decide that it was worth the $100.00 price tag.
The problem that I had in setting it up is that my cable rca males are too large for the narrow and close together rca female inputs on the back of the 350 chassis. I was able to partially plug in the monster cable ends but I'm getting very low volumes so I had to turn up the volume on my ASR Emitter II all the way just to hear anything. I'd rather use the Monster Cable than a $3.00 cable from Walmart.
I'm wondering what other people have done to remedy this problem. My initial thought is to find extensions that will fit on the end of the Monster Cable but will also plug into the Stereomaster however my question being, which extensions and where do I find them?
Thanks!
goofyfoot
Thanks Dan,
I'll pick up two gold plated right angle rca extensions for now. This will allow me to try different sets of cables and serve as a starting point.
I didn't know that asking such a simple question could be so complicated.
Thanks.
I used HH Scott tube Stereomaster integrated (not tuner)with Canare pro-grade interconnects purchased from B&H photovideo in NYC.
I had enough clearance with those to fit them together.
I'd try to unscrew one or both RCA terminal(s) and slide screw cup back leaving the termination 'naked'.
Many of AudioQuest models would have RCA terminals relatively thin compared to Monster or even other brands.
The narrow spacing of input/output connectors on vintage equipment is a problem for the modern audiophiles. If you replace the connectors you lower the resale value since most collectors value original condition items. I have a Fisher 400 and I ended up using inexpensive Radio Shack interconnects. It is what it is.

Very familiar with Scott tuners, and yes, it's a problem using better cables on them.

IMHO, right angle extensions may also be to large, especially the better ones, and even the cheap adapters tend to be larger than cheap RCA cables due to the nature of the construction.

Not easy to find, but some better cables used a slender RCA, like the original Audience Conductor. I have a friend that uses these on a Scott tuner with no problem.
I was about to suggest Audience Conductor myself. I use them on an old Fisher 400, with excellent results.