Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Timlub- Fine for downloading from HDTracks, but what about
downloading anything else- latest software update for your
Media Player for example? Did you purchase Windows 8 from
certified Windows Retailer? Microsoft is really flaky with
the 12 Month free Customer Service. I bought Windows 7, but
because the disk sat on the shelf for a year I was only
eligible for 6 Months. The clock for this free Service doesn't begin on day of purchase, as you would expect. Try getting Microsoft Service after it has expired- lotsa luck!!!
Chadeffect- read my last response and tell me where I referred to sending Music File to a DAC? Lets both get back
on the same page now! I am referring to Downloading of Music Files, which always have to pass through an Operating
System. "Soon all new Music will only be available as Music
Downloads"- so I have been told a thousand times. O.S.
design for Audio Downloading still the perogative of
Microsoft, Apple, Macintosh....etc. You prefer the
processing for downloading of High Rez. Music Files. They
prefer the processing for games, Apps, DVD Movies...etc.
They prefer as little Processing as possible for Music ie:
Lower than CD Resolution MP3. They design the O.S. around
their perogative, pushing yours aside. This is the reason
why you need Wasapi, ASIO, Kernel Streaming...etc. It is
like taking a swiss army knife (Computer Audio with current
O.S.) to a Samurai Sword Fight (Other Formats specifically
designed for Music only). Be sure to bring lots of Bandaids
(Wasapi, ASIO, Kernel Streaming). I would think that you
would eventually get sick, and tired of being forced to
fight with a swiss army knife- and demand some help/improvement! Instead of holding your swiss army knife up as the Tool to best/replace all Samurai Swords. Sure,
you can design the swiss knife to do this- not without the
redesign of the O.S. by Computer Manufacturer's. They just
aren't the Music type. The result is a mixed bag of S.Q.
results for different listeners due to lack of consistent design in the O.S. for Music! Well lets just ignore this
and full speed ahead with Computer Audio anyways! Many
listeners get different results, and this only drags
Coumputer Audio down. Some think that this can be resolved by ignoring the original design of the O.S. by the
Computer Manufacturers. I suggest that you remove this ball, and chain around the neck of Computer Audio. It is
the only way to make sure! There are no other alternatives.
Edorr- of course there are limiting factors like the Sampling Rate of the Music File, and the Sampling Rates that your DAC can decode. Studio's are using a DXD Format
for editing, and mixing numerous Music Sources. It is
supposed to have a higher Sampling Rate than even SACD!
Don't buy the old wives tale of "Bits are just Bits". That
was old when the first CD came out. Don't mind pushback.
Better to get these issues out in the air. Many just want
everyone to blindly accept Computer Audio, like Zombies from the Walking Dead. I remain open to Computer Audio, but
it has to earn its position by consistently providing reliable S.Q. with a Music Selection that many can enjoy.
Only one way to do that! Current solutions wont accomplish
this.
Petty,

At it again i see?

Its like food. Some is good and some not so good?

You need a good recipe. And a decent chef.

How much simpler could it be?
Pettyofficer,

Are you suggesting that downloading a music file to your computer is being effected by your operating system?

Do you feel it is being corrupted somehow? I must admit I am struggling to see your point now.
Hi Pettyofficer,

Sorry if we keep crossing answers. I think there is a delay between our posts appearing.

I copied my response below to this thread because we are crossing a couple of threads now.

Any Hifi system will have variable results. Computer based or not. My understanding of your complaint is shifting slightly now over a couple of different threads.

I think your complaint still is about set up. But it's about which version of which software you can run on what operating system. If this is the issue, then I understand.

So with that in mind you fall into a couple of camps.

1 latest version of everything. So update regularly. This is easy although a pain in the butt sometimes.

2 get it all to a point where you are happy & do not update. Just enjoy.

I must admit with a PC I recommend the later point. Although keep Security updated.

The SQ differences are pretty slight once you have set up the main software issues although functionality is probably better.

Hope this helps.
Pettyofficer,
Windows 8 is not yet available for purchase, I have a developers copy. You sure seem on a rampage over Computer Audio... I'd just like to know a bit more about using Windows 8 before I down load it. I am fine with no Anti Virus. Again, dedicated music server. I've never heard of a virus coming from a Microsoft windows update, Sorry, I don't have a Swiss Army knife, but strangely enough, I do have a Samurai sword.
Band aids, swiss army knives, software designers concerns or intent??? We work with what we have. I have Wasapi and KS downloaded, both work fine. I guess I'm a Zombie, just trying to get the best performance I can out of whats available. No disrespect intended, just now sure where you were going with all that...
Does anybody know of any issues using Windows 8?