Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Streaming from where, the Internet, Computer Hard Drive,
Thumbnail Memory Stick, PS Audio Memory Buffer? Downloading
is supposed to lead to "Soon all new Music will only be
available as Music Downloads". You want an entire Album
from HD Tracks in High Rez. Download, how do you get that
without downloading through your O.S.? You are still going to need some Web Browser Internet Access to gain access to
these High Res. Music Files. How do you pay for it online?
Yes it is true that the audiophile is a very small niche market for the Computer companies to care about. But this has always been true by most [mass market] audio manufactures with regards to high end gears suitable for audiophile. Therefore, slow progress is to be expected.

But things are looking good...There are many here who have abandon the CD player as a source (including the SACD!). The glass is half full.
Pettyofficer, enough already! You want computer audio to be improved, YOU do something about it!! You're complaining to the wrong people! Most of us here are actually quite pleased with the sound we're getting and don't need your "help".

Besides, you say you're an engineer. Then quit complaining already - design a "built for audio computer" yourself if it means that much to you. Enlist some help from your engineering colleagues if you have to.

But please, enough words already - we want ACTION!!
This is different, Planckscale. I don't think that we are
a very small niche market for the Computer Companies to
care about, I think that they don't need/want our
business period! I think that they resent anyone trying to
shove Computer Audio down their throats. They do just fine
business wise without supporting High Rez. Downloads! They can only sabotage Computer Audio at every turn. Glass is empty after they swallow it, and you with it. A Turntable/
CD Player Manufacturer that hates designing Turntables/CD
Players. How do you design around that? How can anyone
even suggest trying to design around these guy's? You can't design Computer Audio with these guy's dragging you down. If Pigs could fly, sure; but if the Pigs even refuse to try- what is the point! Gee, it was a nice idea/Format
while it lasted. I can't continue to fight you, and them,
even to save Computer Audio from its own worst enemies.
It is just too much! We will just have to live with no
Audio Format if Microsoft, and gang get their way! Hope
everyone is satisfied with that! Don't delude yourself
otherwise, Computer Manufacturer's are lower than lawyers!
Wow - sounds like Armageddon is coming! The end of music! And it looks as if it is our fault for adopting this New Format!

Pettyofficer, I probably should have realized this sooner but your last few posts have convinced me you haven't a clue what you are talking about. I'm done wasting my time with you...