Newbie question re: USB quality

Thanks to everyone who has guided me to this point that I'm able to even ask this question! I'm learning quickly about computer audio and right now using a USB thumb drive with DSD files plugged into an OPPO 105 (non-Darbee edition). I'm getting good quality sound that is certainly superior to rebook CDs.

However, I've seen it mentioned in various articles on audio websites that USB as the interface has various weaknesses. Usually, this is just stated without any mention of other options. What other ways would I be able to get audio files to my Oppo. I have a Macbook Air, but other than connection via USB from the computer, I don't know if any other way to get files to the Oppo.

Again, I appreciate your willingness to help a technophobic newbie.

Best,
Scott
smrex13
I don't know where Cerrot has been but welcome to the 21st Century.

USB-SPDIF devices have progressed tremendously. Do yourself a favour and try something like the Berkeley USB or the Wavelink HS or Steve's OffRamp 5 before you dismiss USB as an audio interface.

Guarantee it will beat most internal sound cards that are placed in close proximity to the EMI inside a PC.
@Metralla I have a Weiss INT202 and it is rather good but if you have the software that can enable Integer mode, I've found that the Wavelink HS outperforms it.
I have tried ALL of them. I have found USB to be pretty poor and my $139 ESI Juli@ soundcard sounds better than the $1,600 Berkeley usb converter into my Esoteric K03 dac to my ears in my system.
As I have said in the past, USB done RIGHT sounds fantastic! If yours does not, it is not done RIGHT!.. No matter what "Fonzie" might jump over.