Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
People, listen. You could dismiss the smooth stylings and gnostic, free-form verse poetry of brother Petty as the incoherent ramblings of a troubled and delusional soul. But before you do -- before you find yourself in the not-too-distant future writhing in consuming agony, together with your family and everyone you care about, in the Korean concentration camps erected by our malignant corporate and/or machine overlords -- just remember. You were warned.

Oh, and one more thing, keep your hands off of his pants.
Why not just get a server with it all built in Petty? Bypass all the computer issues.

There is the Weiss MAN202. I have not heard it, but know the DAC section it is based on which is very good. Control it all from an iPad. Sorted.
Chadeffect- I already have a Server without the necessity
of having it all built in. It is called "CD"! It definitely
"BYPASSES" all Computer Issues. Don't make me list those issues again, your wearing me out. You already know them
well.
"If you don't believe that Computer Audio has arrived yet as a viable replacement for CD, or even Vinyl...."
Another Ultimatum?
"Petty, neither I, nor anyone else is denying you
anything and I am not quite sure why you continually state
this. Show me the proof that anyone who has adopted
Computer Audio is trying to deny you anything"
Where I come from this is called Double Talk. Four things
that I believe are worth fighting for: CD, Vinyl, Computer
Audio, and the free use of "ALL" of these Formats. Nothing
is a viable replacement for anything, especially with thin
Music Selection of High Rez. Downloads. Even swap for CD
resolution Downloads are "Even Swap/Second Best"! I love a
winner, and absolutely will not tolerate a loser (Second Best). I am not alone! There are many more who will not accept "Viable Replacement", until issues with Computer Audio are worked out- especially lack of High Rez. Downloads. Show us the money first, otherwise you are just
wasting our time. You are not serious, and Computer Audio
should not be taken seriously- until this changes! No free
rides in this Audio Market. It is all up to you to take the
initiative, don't and Computer Audio can't help but go down in flames- same as SACD/DVD-Audio. Are you going to let SACD/DVD-Audio happen again with Computer Audio? Try
doing something different than those other two Formats, but
you will fight tooth and nail against this! The problem is
that Computer Audio never stood a chance against the likes of you, locked in concrete against any criticism for
improvement. You are strangling it to death, and it is a
shame.
Pettyofficer,

So you do not have a server? You have a CD player that can only play red-book and possibly SACD at best. Is that correct?

Sometimes I feel we speak different languages. Am I correct in thinking that you would not even consider something like the Weiss MAN202?

I thought this would be your dream? No computer, just all the convienience of one with a damn good DAC with volume control all activated via an iPad/iPhone etc. You can play CDs as well as all the other files. Surely this has your name on it? Or is that killing off everything & not viable yet?
Petty, it is proof that I asked for - proof that we are trying to wipe out all other formats. This is what you are accusing us of and you have presented no proof at all, just more of your tired diatribe.

Accusing me of double talk? Really?? I call that the pot calling the kettle black.

"Four things that I believe are worth fighting for: CD, Vinyl, Computer
Audio, and the free use of "ALL" of these Formats. "

This is exactly what we have - free use of all these formats. I think your arguments are running out of steam - at least until you show the proof that should be forthcoming with all of your accusations.