Spatial Computer Velocity Bridge VB1

Just bought a pair for $200. The VB1 comes with a 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee. Anyone have any experience with this tweak??
bifwynne
Hi, I have the Velocity Bridge. Been using them for a couple months. My experience with them has only been positive. My amplifier is a solid state amp, but my preamp is the Red Wine Isabella tube pre.
I found increased the timbral veracity of the all instruments, especially acoustic bass and drums. I could easily hear more of the body of the instruments, more of those harmonics that hang in the air after the initial strike/attack. This was not true only of bass and drums. It was true of all instruments. Piano became very fine, indeed. And I could much more easily hear that characteristic ''growl'' that is produced when a bass fiddle or cellos is bowed.
Sound stage also improved. I found it to be better ''sorted out.''
Voices became more distinct and I was able to understand lyrics that prior had been eluding me.
Due to this, I decided to try putting one on the center speaker of my 5.0 multichannel system that I use not only for Bluray music playback but also for watching DVD or Bluray movies. I find that often film dialogue is not very well recorded on DVDs. I don't ever have this problem when watching Bluray films, so I know it is not my system that is lacking. At the time, I was watching a film where I was missing a very large part of what was being said. As soon as I attached the VB to the center channel the dialogue cleared up enough where I could understand at least 95% of it. It was at that point that I became convinced that the VBs were really doing something and that I wasn't just fooling myself with respect to their performance, because I could never have convinced myself to understand dialogue that I wasn't hearing.
I am one of the those who has posted his experience on the AudoCircle forum. So if you wish to read a more detailed review of my experience you will find it there.
My two channel system is as follows:
MacMini/Pure Music with Spatial HD room correction/Auralic Vega DAC/Crayon CFA-1/90 integrated/Anthony Gallo Ref. 3.5s
Cables are Spatial Quantum Field ICs and speaker wire all terminated with WBT Nextgen plugs.
Lolligager and Cdenet, I do not doubt what you say. In my case, the reasons I am underwhelmed are likely twofold: (1) I am used to listening to sonic swill and have come to even enjoy it; and/or (2) the VB1 may perform differently with solid state as compared to tube amps. Other than that, I don't have any other explanation. But I am glad that the VB1s worked out for you.
It might be the tube amp, as you say, or it might be the speakers. Clayton Shaw had some concern as to how they might work with my Gallo 3.5s given the fact that they do not have conventional dome tweeters, but rather that ''soda can'' CDT tweeter that AG uses. In my case they worked very well.
In any case, no matter what the reason may be, they aren't working for you. Fortunately you can send them back and be reimbursed. Do you think you are going to let them break in first, though?
Lollogager, ... I am inclined to send them back. The sound was so harsh, and the bass so compromised, that its hard for me to believe it could possibly get that much better. Btw, it may even be an unexpected interaction with the crossovers too. Who knows??? Don't go by me. I like swill.